Friday, February 17, 2012

Queer In Immigration Detention

Queer Undocumented Unafraid
Queer, Undocumented, Unafraid. Photograph by xomiele.


Queer In Immigration Detention

"There I stood in South Louisiana Correctional Center, hundreds of miles away from my home in sunny California. Immigration detention means the end of the line for most undocumented immigrants. But I was not worried when or if I would be released. In the first place, I went in there on purpose. I also knew there were people organizing to get me out, including Dreamactivist.org,Immigrant Youth Coalition, and people from all over the country. It was part of a “silent action” challenging the Obama administration’s immigration policy, which allegedly does not detain undocumented persons without criminal records. But there I was..."
Continue Reading on Cuentame
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...