Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tucson Sentinel

Reject and Repeal SB 1070
Arizona’s SB 1070 isn’t racist... is it?
The marching song of the backers of Arizona’s new immigration law SB 1070 includes an oft-repeated verse that this law has nothing to do with race. Many times I’ve heard outraged supporters tell me that the law’s opponents use a broad brush to paint all of the supporters as racists and that there is absolutely no justification for this. During my monitoring of social media sites such as Facebook, I found there is even a page entitled, “It's not racism stupid! You are here ILLEGALLY!” where one can find such comments as, “I will have a party when the whole country has this law since I'm not in AZ. But we have to close the front door or else the roaches keep coming in.”
Read More...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...